Sarasota, Florida Debt Collection Attorney
No more excuses. Get the money you deserve.
You’ve heard all the excuses: “I forgot the payment was due today.” “I’ll get you the money next week.” “That wasn’t part of the deal.” “I don’t need to pay you for that.”
When you’ve heard enough and want your money now, Arthur S. Weitzner, P.A. is the name clients trust to get results. Collections attorney Arthur S. Weitzner has successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them. He is relentless in pursuit of justice, and will track down your debtors and insist they give you the respect and compensation you deserve.
More than 40 years experience handling collections
Arthur S. Weitzner, P.A. helps clients throughout Florida in debt collection cases involving:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Replevin actions subject to creditors’ liens
- Breach of contract actions
Attorney Weitzner has more than 40 years of experience providing clients with aggressive advocacy at every level of state and federal courts. He puts the power back in your hands, and is committed to getting you every last penny of your money.
An overview of the collections process
1. Receipt and review of your files
2. Demand letter — Arthur S. Weitzner sends a letter to the debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, he consults with you to see if you want to discount the debt, and works to set up a payment schedule.
3. Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, he seeks your permission to file a lawsuit. Once a suit is filed, he moves quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, he vigorously defends your right to collect payment.
4. Judgment — A judgment gives him the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. He attaches liens on the debtor’s real estate and moves to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank accounts, paychecks and any other sources of income. If he cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, he can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition and testify about the finances.
5. Enforcement — If the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, attorney Weitzner can have the debtor jailed for contempt of court. He usually reaches out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but if people continue to refuse to pay what they owe, he has no problem with sending them to jail.
Aggressive attorney. Proven results.
Call Arthur S. Weitzner, P.A. today at 941-927-5471 or contact the firm online to end the excuses and make your debtors pay what they owe.